Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great holmertz 2018-01-17 2:51

Hello Paul,
This is a surprising and interesting photo. I didn't know about this place, but the description (yours, and in Wikipedia) makes me think of the book I mentioned in my forum message yesterday (in case you saw it). I agree that it was more interesting to show the human activities than just the tomb (it's on the left, isn't it?).
Today's entire contribution is a refreshing change from the usual TE stuff. I am impressed by the well managed light and sharpness and somewhat surprised that nobody seemed a bit bothered to have a tourist taking pictures here. I think I would also have been more curious about this place than the park, judging from pictures on Wikipedia.
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 01-17-2018, 04:10 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: on the right

Thank you Gert,

No the tomb is on the right were three men standing next to each other are praying.
You can compare with this picture that I found on internet:

http://www.breslov.co.il/%D7%A8%D7%9...%9C%D7%91.html

This site has also an English version but I can’t find the same picture on it.

For someone who doesn’t have the same faith, the tomb was less interesting and the general atmosphere more special.
I felt a bit like a fish out of water.
Upon arrival I saw that I was the only non-Jewish person and I asked if also a Christian was allowed to visit this room on which they welcomed me.
Carefully I also asked if I could take a picture and there was no objection to that. I don’t know if I should have asked if my picture could be posted on the internet ...

Apart from this place, I found Uman an unworldly town.
Completely different from that other small town, Kamyanets-Podilskyi. Uman is still the old Ukraine.

Best regards,
Paul