Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mark_mk 2009-08-20 6:37

Hi Kath,
okay, Ill try my very best to bring some of the good weather we have here over to you ;-))
I see you posted an old image and actually the first thing I thought was "well, its not as technically perfect as Im used to seing from her", but I like the fact you posted this old image since the monument looks very interesting. And of course a HUGE thanks for the note, very informative and nice, really "learning about the world through photography" ;-) Great post, great note!

Take good care
Mark

Old 08-20-2009, 02:31 PM
TE Expert

Default To mark_mk: Note

Thanks Mark
I've always thought the subject matter was more important than photo quality, although of course that is important too. (I touch on it in my intro., which has been there most of the time since I started) Not everyone fully appreciates that (or agrees) and I know many don't even bother with the note, so don't even realise I know the quality isn't the best. If nothing else it demonstrates my progression in 4 years! ;D
Just out of interest is Captain Cook well known in Germany?
Kath
Old 08-20-2009, 04:00 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To mark_mk: Note

Well, I think almost everybody knows his name, but I would say there are few people who really know what he did (including me, so your note was especially nice^^).
And of course youre so right, the subject here is the important thing, therefore I think its truly a great post. And it shows your progression, I always tried to learn from your images since theyre not just technically spot on, but also have this certain touch, which an image just needs to have.

Oh, btw, I was just browsing your gallery to see what I missed in two months, so you might be seing some green smiles from me on some of your other shots ;-)

Mark