Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mark_mk 2009-08-20 11:33

Hi Way,
ah, Zabriskie Point in all of its beauty. DV really is a strange place, not only because of the "moon landscaes", but also because it is only possible to come home with good images when photographed during good light and light is only good here in the morning or very late in the evening, the rest is pretty much of a no go for nice images. When I was there I didnīt ahve the possibility to capture it at perfect light, that would have meant staying the night over, but seeing this in all of its beauty it is totally awesome. The contrast here is what I like best, you really had great light here and therefore the shady areas are perfectly exposed. Totally awesome shot, great!

Take care
Mark

PS: I noticed I write far too long critiques after I came back ;-))

Old 08-20-2009, 07:14 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To mark_mk: I appreciate every word.

Thanks Mark,
I have to emphasize that I appreciate every word that you or any member who critique my work. I think that is why I choose to stay here. I know other sites people just say one phrase, not even a sentence. Like, "Beautiful shot, Bravo!" "Good composition, nice colors!" sometime just one word "Fantastic!" That really don't mean much to me.

Perhaps you realized that, that's why you write longer critiques now. It's not just about critiquing here, it's about sharing experiences and opinions through Photography and learning about the earth...and friendship.

Way.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:45 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To mark_mk: I appreciate every word.

I think youīre so right, especially the time I spent on Flickr showed me a lot. Sometimes they just write a single word and thatīs it. I mean, that canīt be it. Itīs just not personal anymore and that was I think THE major reason for me to come back. TE is a lot more personal, I found great friends here and I learned so much. I didnīt do that by just writing one word on an image. A lot of great members took their time to even write me personal messages and answered my questions and now that I got pretty decent at photography (at least I think that^^) I want to share my knowledge with others. Thatīs something I wanted to do when I decided to come back, critique less, but write better critiques, critiques, that I think are useful and personal because in the end itīs a wonderful community and not some kind of competition.

Take good care
Mark