Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jmdaoudal 2005-09-29 3:32

This could be a great discussion Danny and I have read Sophie 's and would agree with her about the fact that the WS (original) is sufficient for the speed effect.
BUT this composition is interesting for reflection and a normal non-photographer critique would not mind about the two presentations and in my point of view would prefer the original which is in the WS...
My opinion is also that your PP had to be tried, because as the original is taken from an original FIXED POV, the alternative is you could have been on a same propelled boat and in this case the mouvement is to be seen at the level of the sea and may be also at the white stream but less...
A last point is the Horizon which is acceptable in any case to be tilted but in the case you are on a Moving POV could also be horizontal (by perspective tool to keep the angle of people in this verticality).
Anyway I like the two compositions.
jean Michel

Old 09-29-2005, 05:15 PM
TE Newbie

Default To jmdaoudal: Thanks JM

Jean Michael,

thanks for the workshop. I am interested how you straightened the horizon without changing the angle of the boat. Can you explain how you did this?

Thanks,
Danny
Old 09-30-2005, 12:21 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To jmdaoudal: Thanks JM

In Photoshop this is selection of the whole picture then go to edit and transform then choose the perspective tool. Draw the left up side ( for your photo).
In PSP X its the same thing from the palette of tools.
Jean Michel
Perspective is better for horzon than the horizon line inclination because you dont loos corners of the composition and can frame better.
Jean Michel
Old 09-30-2005, 04:02 PM
TE Newbie

That's a great help Jean Michel. Thanks a million.

Danny
Old 09-30-2005, 04:09 PM
TE Newbie

That's a great help Jean Michel. Thanks a million.

Danny