Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good nygus 2005-12-23 20:55

nice colours-yes, classic sunset, couldnt go wrong
frame - no, seems accidental, what is this man doing here? if you want a photo to work the way you write- think about such details. what actually is supposed to be moving here, some nice cars stuck in the water? well, i guess South East Asians arent going to send much cash.
i like however that you actually cared to go out there trying to find interesting subject

Old 12-24-2005, 04:45 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To nygus: The reason for some photos

Not every photo in a series or photo story is meant to be moving. There are photos such as setting shots and detail shots that do not express an emotion or do not move people. They are simply there to set the stage and give the viewer a point of reference. There is another photo in my series that is simply a shot of a telephone blown off the reciever with glass scattered around it. There is nothing moving about it, however, the photo tells a story and is informative.

This photo is an openner, one that sets the stage for the other more emotional photos. Having too many "moving photos" can be bad. It does not allow the view to have time to think and gives the eyes no rest. So the viewer becomes fatigued by the constant barrage of graphic and emotional images. This leads to a numbing of the senses.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:42 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To nygus: The reason for some photos

i do hope to see the other ones, cos this is very interesting subject, and if there was something more worthy being photographed, i am sure you showed it with skill. I just dont think Trekearth, with its daily limit and not allowing posting series , is good place to show bits and pieces from them - if you say its an opener, its strange to wait long to see what is inside.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:59 PM
TE Junior Member

Unforunately TE does not allow posting of stories in one complete post. :-\ I feel Adam should do something where there is a 1 photostory a month limit. It would give TE a new dynamic. I worked as a staff photographer at my college daily paper and also go to school, so it leaves me little time to do anything else.

Here is a a sequence of images that the Red Cross put together using my photos. They did a pretty good job of creating a flow with the photos to bring emphasis on the more important ones.

http://www.paladin3d.com/redcross/redcross_indy.htm

if that doesn't work, you can find the collection of my selected photos from here.

http://www.pbase.com/globetrotter81/katrina
Old 12-24-2005, 10:56 PM
TE Junior Member

well it really works. i mean music is crap and whole thing with those slogans a bit pathetic,but photo reportage as put together very professional
About TE : very hard to reform i think