Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great don_narayan 2006-03-20 16:18

Hi Mark. A great shot, the flag lit up by the sun is awesome, a great idea.good tilt and good to get the Washington Memorial in there. Where are you interning this summer? I'm starting a Grad. program at Syracuse Newhouse School this summer... then try for an internship. Anyways, well done.

Narayan

Old 03-21-2006, 12:24 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To don_narayan: Internship

Hey Don, are you in the PJ program at Syracuse? I heard it's pretty good!

I'm going to be a photography intern at The Washington Post this summer for 12 weeks.

-Mark
Old 03-21-2006, 12:54 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To don_narayan: Internship

Yeah, the Photography program. i'm glad you said it good. I am trying to decided where I should go with Syracuse or Ohio (still waiting for news from them but I pretty certain). That's awesome about the Wash. Post intership. Did you try for any of the AP internships? Doing a Masters program doesn't give me too much time for internships but I want to try and do one with AP.

Are you still in school now? In a photography program? My undergrad wasn't in photography... so i am doubly happy to get into Syracuse.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:54 AM
TE Junior Member

I never applied to the AP internship. To be frank, I never liked AP's style of photography...too much telephoto, not enough wide angle...Getty is a better wire to apply to IMO. I am graduating this semester in Economics. Did you apply to Missouri or W. Kentucky's PJ program? Missouri is suppose to have the best PJ program in the country.

-Mark
Old 04-13-2006, 04:49 PM
TE Expert

yeah.. missourie is supposed to be good.. best out of the schools belonging to universities..
but their couse seems far too academic..

at one time.. i had done a lot of research.. and interacted with a lot oof photographers (very expereienced and well established ones..) and i found ICP in new york to be the best choice..

it's a one year course.. and usually people like james nachtwey, eugene richards and all come to take classes there..

for their fine arts programmes you have michael ackerman et al coming :)
Old 04-13-2006, 04:49 PM
TE Expert

oh.. and congratulations to both of you :)