Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great nygus 2006-04-13 4:24

very american iconography, with this man looking up , and the flag. obviously i cant blame you for following cultural pattern you probably see everywhere around, but here in Europe many people think of such poses as very naive...it is definitely too tight though, blue on the left spoils everything, it looks like 20% cropped from bigger picture of a crowd. of course looking up where there is no space is a common error, to break this rule you need some graphical justification to make it work, here it doesnt have any. Or maybe it is supposed to see peoples minds trapped with narrow ideals and patriotic symbols ...no space to breathe

Old 04-13-2006, 06:23 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To nygus: Agreed

The photo was cropped from a horizontal. I wish now that I left more space above the man's head for the eyes to follow, but alas, it's too late for that. I agree with what eleparc is saying about the communism propoganda icon. The photo itself is very iconic and strongly bias towards the workers. It's definately not a very unbias photo, but I believe his express sums up a lot of what the protestors feel.