Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

markgong 2008-04-18 10:05

Hahah, great note Luko and awesome photo. The only thing that bothers me is the black...thing?...at the top right corner of the photo. What is it?

Love the color, tone, and mood. The two blue triangles frame her face perfectly.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:11 AM
TE Expert

Default To markgong: black thing

Hmmmh... the 24-105 lens hood doesn't stay put very well, it often rotates and provides tehse kind of vignetting at 24mm. that's really a pain in the neck witht that lens, never happens with any other.. and without the hood, this lens will flare for any reflection.

In fact with this image, I'm not bothered much, I have tried to remove it sucessfully with clone tools, but without that vignetting, the corner just look too bland. Hence I chose to keep it as it is, for a strange and morbid photo mood, more than purely documentary.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:09 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To markgong: black thing

Haha, sounds like the canon has the same issues with its lens hood as the Nikon. There were a couple times with the Nikon 24-70 where the lens hood rotated and created a similar effect. Like I said, either way, it's a good photo.