Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good euryan 2008-04-14 0:11

I love the high contrast between light and dark. The sun was perfectly aligned to shoot down this alleyway. If only the composition was bit different. I wish you had bent down to her level. Also if you had stepped to the left just a bit you could have angled it so she was directly in front of the black background. The great lighting canít be the only thing here. However, I realize this is a street shot and you didn't have all the time in the world to set the shot up perfectly. For most of us this would be a very good photo, but you are without a doubt one of the best photographers on Treakearth, thatís why Iím holding you to a higher standard.
Regards,
Ryan

Old 04-15-2008, 05:48 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To euryan: Honesty

Thank you for the honest critique Ryan. I am actually more concerned with the people in the back wearing white than getting down to her eye level. I found that my shooting style generally involves crouching or sitting on the ground to get a cleaner background on my subjects. I'll post a workshop of an alternate photo of a similar scene to show what I mean. For this photo, I wanted to try something different to switch it up a bit.

I came back to this corner three mornings in a row to wait on the children going to school. Too bad most days I woke up late and only had about 20 minutes of good light and activity. Next time I'll get the shot. :)

Mark
Old 04-16-2008, 12:36 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To euryan: Honesty

Three mornings in a row? Nice! I thought only landscape photographers had that kind of dedicate to morning light. I guess I should have known better than to question your judgment. You knew exactly what you were doing. The workshop photo is awesome. I prefer it to the original post in fact. It is great how you captured the boy just as he is exiting the light and the family on the other side of the street just as they are entering. For me it is the workshop photo all the way with your crouching POV , but I understand wanting to change things up from your usual MO. I donít know much about street photography, being a landscaper myself, so my judgments are based on esthetics and feelings. Thanks for responding, Ryan.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:00 AM
TE Expert

"I thought only landscape photographers had that kind of dedicate to morning light. "
There are no media differences between so called street or landscape photographers, or am I wrong... we're all looking for that same light that makes our photos golden and our shadows deeper.

Therefore, I reckon my "photo" time during my trips are early in the morning and 2 hours before sunset until dark... the rest of the time, I'm on holidays.. ;D ...

Cheers
Luko
Old 04-25-2008, 07:37 PM
TE Junior Member

Haha same here...unless it's overcast or raining. I don't shoot sunny 16 that much but it never hurts to have a camera around.

Mark