Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-29-2008, 09:44 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Lee Filters quality vs Cokin

Hello

to the lee filters's user; i used cokin for graduated neutral grey filter. do you think the lee's quality is very better than cokin. as the price is not the same i wonder if lee provide you better result for the Graduted grey filter ?

regards
Greg
Old 05-29-2008, 03:10 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Lee Filters quality vs Cokin

No personal experience here, but I have always heard that the best part about Cokin was the holder (P size), when filled with Lee filters.

I have Cokin and use them to seldom to care, really...

I know also that some shooters use B+H or Hoya filters, but maybe (can't remember more precisely) it was for screw-in types.

Hope this helps!

Olivier
Old 06-04-2008, 10:43 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Greg.

I have both and I used ND grad filters, as appropriate, as I prefer to get the shot as right as I can 'in-camera' to avoid having to mess with it in Photoshop.

Lee filters are widely used by professionals and, in my experience, are more 'neutral' than the Cokin P series filters I have. Mind you, I understand that the pro-series Cokins are extremely good - and they are probably a better equivalent as the P series are not directly comparable to Lee filters.

If you buy Lee filters, expect to pay a lot of money in comparison to Cokin. I have a 0.9 ND grad, a 0.6 ND solid and a Coral Grad (for warm up). That's all and I only ever use them sparingly.

There are some interesting software filter programmes which might be of interest bt, if you want to use on-camera filters and you can afford them, I can definitely recomend Lee filters.

Paul.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:41 PM
TE Junior Member

thanks all for your input.
cheers
greg