Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great feather 2008-07-05 6:30

We have a friend who is a volunteer driver on the NYMR, so I take your "round the bend" point! :D. Your timing was good when you took this, just before the train went into the shade, although it has resulted in over-exposed steam. I can't figure out your viewpoint but I recognise the typical NYM scenery. I like the way your frame picks out the "bllod and custard" colours of the carriages. Well done
Kath

Old 07-06-2008, 09:26 AM
TE Newbie

Default To feather: Where was I?

Just to try to clear up where I took the photo from, have a look on this link

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=485500&y=497500&z=4&sv=485500,497500& st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax =483261&ay=501131

I'm afraid you'll have to copy and paste that into your browser as I'm not sure how to put a link in here! On the map see where the legend "Goathland Moor" is at the top? I parked in the car park shown where the A169 meets the road to Goathland and walked down the slope towards Eller Beck. RAF Fylingdales is to the left as you look and I am shooting SSW towards Fen Moor.

Thanks for the kind comments
Old 07-06-2008, 12:43 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To feather: Where was I?

Thanks for the info. I think I have an idea where you mean. Just follow this link faq point 19 to find out how to do links yourself.
Kath