Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kensimage 2008-08-24 9:15

A great sky here, Laura--very Scottish! Yet underneath, the green still looks lush. I like the very minimalist composition--it's typically hard to be so graphic in a landscape. Usually gray skies have to be adjusted in PP so they won't be too bright relative to the land, and I assume you did that here, but the result is very natural-looking; well-done. Regards, Ken.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:13 AM
TE Newbie

Default To kensimage: grey skies

Hello Ken,
first thanks for your comment! As the grey skies were something I knew I would encounter in Scotland quite often and I don't like spending too much time at pp I just bought a grad density filter before travelling in scotland. Really does a great job at landscape photographyand saving those "dull" grey skies from being blown out.
By the way, the pictures in your account are just amazing!
best regards,
Laura
Old 08-25-2008, 07:21 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To kensimage: grey skies

Well, your graduated filter must have graduated from a fine institution like ETH, because it does its job very well--I can hardly tell it was used. Again, a very nice photo, Laura. Regards, Ken.