Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great ital-bras-amrcn 2008-11-19 1:33

There is nothing to be proud about in this photo. This guy is mocking marriage by ironically wearing the wedding garb of a bride, (something a gay or lesbian can never be because marriage is between a man and a woman). And I hate to remind you, the citizens of California voted in a law that defines marriage as between one man and one woman. Tolerance and acceptance should only be for what deserves tolerance and acceptance. Gay marriage is unaceptable, and will not be tolerated. Don't try to make up a make-believe world just so people can feel accepted, that's not true love.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:35 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To ital-bras-amrcn: San Francisco Pride Bride

Hello Terry and Welcome to trekearth:
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my photo. Your opinion is valid however your critique has nothing to do with photography. What I love about trekearth is its motto and its "The underlying theme of TrekEarth is learning more about the world through photography. TrekEarth fosters this by allowing photographers to display their work..." This photo shows an aspect of San Francisco, and clearly demonstrates its diversity and tolerance, and that is the reason I posted the photo, not to make a political or moral statment. Regardless of what you feel about marriage, tolerance and diversity is an integral part of San francisco. I am not trying to "to make up a make-believe world just so people can feel accepted, that's not true love." I am showing a piece of San Francico to the worlld. However I will reply to your opinion simply stating my personal belief that happiness, and love is not a previledge but an inherent human right.
TrekEarth is an awesome website and a wonderful place to learn about tolerance, diversity, and the world, I hope you enjoy your trekearth experience.
Cristina