Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mark_mk 2008-12-17 4:51

Hi Peter,
definetly a nice location. Something I would love to photograph myself. It`S a shame you didn`t have a tripod with you, otherwise you could have chosen the smallest aperture to blurr the fall, but without a tripod of course this isn`t possible.
Anyway, I also like the way you froze the water and the plants on the bottom right of the image since they are important for the overall composition. A very nice one, thanks for sharing!

Take care
Mark

Old 12-17-2008, 12:22 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To mark_mk: Blurred water

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your kind words, much appreciated, I'm not a fan of water shots using a slow shutter speed, but in this instance it would have been good to have had the choice, next time I'll definitely take a tripod, a very light weight one though. The hike nearly killed me.
I've been through your gallery, fantastic work you have there, very impressive.
What's weird, is that I discovered stills photography about the same time you did except we're a lifetime apart in age. I've spent my working life being a film director, nothing deep and meaningful, mostly television commercials, documentaries and lately, some television series work. Funny old world huh.
Thanks again for your comments.
Regards
Peter
Old 12-17-2008, 12:34 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To mark_mk: Blurred water

Hi Peter,
thanks for your compliment, I really appreciate.
So you are a film director? Man, that`s great, I discovered my love to cameras through movies, I made a lot of hobby films the last couple of years, one was even chosen in the final round of a film festival, but then I discovered photography and I took a short break from making movies. Kinda funny, I didn`t know you were a director, how long have you been working in this buisness, actually I wanted to do the same after finishing school, but actually right now I don`t have a clue what to do after leaving school. I still have more than 2 years to think about that...

Have a great day
Mark