Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great maloutim 2008-03-30 18:52

Hi Dan!
I understand the confusion! I can't read Cyrillic, but I can see that both these signs say the same thing for 2 different directions! So, how to know what to do?
Another thing puzzles me: I know a Polish girl who told me that Ukrainian and Polish are practically the same language, like Dutch and Flemish! But would it be that they use different alphabets? Because the Polish definitely use the Roman alphabet!
Apart from the interest concerning the languages, I like the composition of your photo, with the great sharpness and lines of the old street lamp and road sign against the blurred background!
TFS.
Marie-Louise.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:47 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To vbbreizh: Bravo!

Bravo Gilles, je vois que tu es connaisseur en la matière, tu as raison c'est un endroit ou l'on bavardait (caqueter) avant et après les offices. Le conseil paroissial et aussi le conseil municipal l'utilisaient comme lieu de réunion.
Bonne soirée à toi.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:06 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To vbbreizh: Bravo!

Eh oui...
Ici (en Bretagne), c'était le rôle du porche sud (abrité des vents)
et face auquel était le calvaire (bd de l'histoire religieuse)...
Même le curé et les dames patronesses l'utilisaient^pour les leçons de catéchisme.
Alors...j'ai gagné quoi , ;o)
Bon dimanche Christian.