Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great huynt 2005-06-24 21:47

Hi Mr Thanh

I consider I am trapped in this posting of yours.
For photographic part, you offered us a very impressive emotion via the boy's eyes. What did you capture is really a wonderful moment that I am glad to share.
In the other hands, your note placed me in a difficult moment — to be frank with you. I am imaging to have a seat on the same bus with you, and to witness you giving a double-dose medication to the tiny patient, I don't know what kind of advice I should tell (after my 7 years in medical school and decades of practice). To give or not to give?. After reading your story and many feedbacks above, I learned one more thing after years I spent to teach or to administer medical students' exams: "sometimes we should let our conscience to motivate or to govern us".

I hope other TE friends would agree with me. Regards,

Huy V Tran, M.D., Ph. D.

Old 06-25-2005, 05:33 AM
TE Expert

Default To huynt: leave to our conscience

Dear Dr. Huy:

Thank you so much for your time to view my picture, and to give me a clearance on the matter of conscience toward "the pain of others". Actually, I have read all the questions that viewers have interrogated on my pictures [link]. I also have tried to analyze my steps by reading Regarding The Pain Of Others by Susan Sontag. But I must confess that I still be confused.
Now, I am glad you gave me the right prescription that I take it without doubt: "sometimes we should leave to our conscience to motivate or to govern us".
Thank you again for your advice.
Respectfully Yours,

Thanh

Thưa Bác Sĩ Huy:

Xin cảm ơn bác sĩ thật nhiều đă dành thời giờ xem h́nh của tôi, lại c̣n tháo khoán cho tối cái ách lương tâm về chuyện nỗi đau của thiên hạ. Thật ra th́ tôi có nghiền ngẫm những nghi vấn mà khán giả chất vấn về cung cách tôi thu h́nh [link]. Tôi cũng cất công phân tích những bước của ḿnh bằng cách đọc quyển Regarding The Pain Of Others của bà Susan Sontag. Rồi cũng phải thú nhận với bác sĩ rằng tôi càng lấn bấn hơn.
Giờ th́ tôi nuốt liều thuốc của bác sĩ cái một, khỏi phải nghi ngờ!, "thảng hoặc cứ bỏ mặc cho lương tâm ḿnh biểu sao làm vậy cho nó xong"
Cảm ơn bác sĩ lần nữa về sự chỉ đạo của bác sĩ.
Kính,

Thanh