Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement don_narayan 2005-09-09 20:48

I suppose the Palestinians should curb the suicide bombers. As it is, less inocent people are murdered because of the wall. The Palestinians are captives of Palestinian militancy just as much as they are of Israeli occupation.

Old 09-10-2005, 06:50 AM
TE Newbie

Default To don_narayan: Thanks for the Nice Comment

Some truth in what you say of course, but I suggest you get to Palestine and meet the 90% of the innocent people who have nothing to do with militancy--and have to suffer the consequences of the crazies. Remember the 14 year old girl suicide bomber? her parents were shot in front of her and the IDF locked her in a room with their dead bodies for four days before letting her out. Obviously she was deranged at that point, and Hamas hooked her up with a bomb vest. Look behind the scenes, behind the propaganda, that is if you give a rat about the whole truth, and not just the slice that fits your ideology. Trust me I know--I felt much the same as you before I understood the full story.

BTW, thanks for commenting on the photograph!
Old 09-10-2005, 09:58 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To don_narayan: Thanks for the Nice Comment

I have been to Israel and to Palestine. I have met Palestinians and I know that the militants are not a majority... but they are responsible for the majority of the problems and many of the Palestinian hardships.

you post a political photo, you'll get a political response... and your notes are nothing but political messages as well.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:47 AM
TE Newbie

I re-read my note to you, and have concluded that your response proves you are an insensitive, and likely an ideologue. How could you possibly have experienced Palestine in depth and not have great sympathy for the vast majority, the innocents?

Of course the Palestinians, en masse as led by the militants, have made a number of fateful blunders all along the way, beginning in the '48 war. But tell me, what would be wrong, if the Israeli's really wanted peace and security and not to steal more and more land, evacuated the illegal settlements in the West Bank, which is all of them, and built their "security" wall on the Green Line?

70% of the Israeli public is for this. I'll tell you what's wrong with it, and the only thing wrong with it, which is everything---it ends the Fundamentalist delusion of a greater Zion, where all Arabs are banished from the holy land. Sad the deluded minority in Israel has so much power.

And you know damn well, if you know Palestinians, that the vast majority has no desire to push Israel into the sea, but only to have the occupation ended. Nice to know what side you are on. I am on the side of peace. I'm sure that must sound silly and juvenile to you, an apparently severely propagandized Zionist.

You have no reasonable argument I cannot destroy, so don't bother. I find you small minded and pedantic.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:05 AM
TE Senior Member

Resorting to insults does not make your arguement very strong, it only discredits you. You are sounding like an anti-semite by questioning the purpose of a Jewish homeland.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:23 AM
TE Newbie

How about one more insult then--you are a simpleton. You react viscerally only to the perceived negative and ignore each and every point of possible common ground. Then you fall back on the tired and infinitely narrow minded assertion of anti-semitism. You prove my point better than I can, so thanks for that. Best of luck on your long and arduous path towards wisdom. Let me know when you arrive.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:48 AM
TE Senior Member

so i am simple and narrow-minded? of course! anyone who disagrees with you must be simple and narrow-minded. good luck with that mentality.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:29 PM
TE Newbie

Thank you.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:18 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi

I just read this comment and the following speach between both of you and I am really disapointed... You know when I am watching news on TV and reading some articles about middle east I really sometime hate extremist palestinian when a suicid bombing attack is committed as much as I hate extremist jews when they kill children, distroye houses and built that horrible wall... So what ?? Should I use a palestian people to kill a jews or a jews to kill a palestinian people... My god!!...(no sorry not mine but the one of all human being) How it is possible???

What is so different between a jews and a palestinian for their are not able to live together??? They both love their children. Are intelligent. Have the same body. Just want to live quietly. All the same appart they don't read the same "holy" book...

You know you both should go in south india where there is a city in which in an area of about 1 kilometer squarre you can see a mosque a cynagogue an orthodox church and an indou temple. And you know what?? Everybody in this city seems really happy! How it can be possible? Explain me ? They even don't want to know who was the first there? Don't worry there are human being like me and you not more...

So according to me the most responsible people for this terrible and endless situation in middle east are people who believe that it is possible to live together but don't do anything.... Just complain about the situation... crying... and even don't thing that a non violent action is possible to solve this situation. Befor I was really disapointed too because I bielived that I was one of these people just wanted a better world but doing nothing. But little by little by travelling reading (even Holy books) and meeting my neibours from earth I discovered that it's unfortunately not possible to move mountains anr resolve the problems which are bigger than us but it possible to help my old That it is possible to help my old portuguese neighbour to clear these garbage cans to smile to people in the street and especially to share my ideas with the others and to accept and understand theirs.

I pray for both of you and whish you all the best.
Regards
Quentin

"An eye for eye and the whole world will be blind..."
Mahatma Gandhi"
Old 09-17-2005, 04:40 AM
TE Newbie

Thanks Swiss. I may not have been on my best behavior with Don, but clearly his views are black and white, and mine more understanding of both sides. I understand your frustration. There seems little we little people can do, save help our neighbor as you suggest.

Please understand that it is NOT the Jewish people, and not the Palestinian people, that are most to blame. It's the extremists on both sides who hold too much power, both in and on the fringes of government.

The balance of power however, is 99.9% in Jewish hands. It is the Jewish people who must stand up en masse, to end the insanity. Only then will they empower normal Palestinians to overcome their own extremists. Though many Palestinians actively work towards peace building, they are not heard in the Isreali/world press. Only the Jewish people who truly want peace can pressure the Jewish/World media to allow them to be heard, can make peace possible. Otherwise the mad dream of Zionism will continue this peculiar brand of ethnic cleansing and apartheid under the smokescreen of "security". Yes there are legitimate security issues, but many if not most are created my oppressive policy. This is a reason, not an excuse.

Understand that Zionism needs Palestinaian extremists to be violent in order to justify its ongoing confiscation of Palestine for a greater Zion, which is the ultimate end game of tbose in power, not to mention the largely wacko settlers in the West Bank, who routinely abuse innocent Palestinians, including school children.

The once oppressed--the Jews--have become the oppressor. It is fear based. This is classic psychology that must be overcome. before it can be overcome the Jews must be able to see and understand it clearly. They are doing to the Palestinians what has long been done to them. What they hate most when done to them they are now inflicting on others. Where is the wisdom in this?

Take Care,
Bennett
Old 09-17-2005, 06:01 AM
TE Senior Member

What you say is very anti-semetic. You say it is only the Zionists that are bad, but a zionist is a Jew that believes in living in a Jewish homeland, Israel... so any Jew living in Israel can be considered a zionist. You pervert the word to mean something bad, villanizing jews, and that is anti-semetic.

When you say "World Media" do you consider the media that represents the billion plus Muslims in the world from the many nations who have an established anti-Israel foreign policy? Do you have any idea how Israel is portraid in those countries?

You also say that Jews were once oppressed... THEY STILL ARE!!

You claim to be balanced but you use anti-semetic rhetoric all the time! Then, in all of your "understanding," you insult people who disagree with you. And balanced is one thing you are not. You only show images that are anti-israeli. Show me an image of a Palestinian child wearing a suicide belt. Talk about the innocent Israeli women and children that are murdered.

I suppose it is just cool and hip to be anti-semetic... why not? it has been for thousands of years. and here you think you are an original thinker!!