Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great leiju 2006-12-21 8:34

It seemed to be a restricted military area, which normally does not stop me from entering (unless there is a gate), and I have never been fined or jailed because of it (I haven't tried to do it in Russia yet!!)
Ha! Same here! Except I do happen to trespass beyond gates as well, as long as there are no spikes or any other crazy killing things; I know I'm terrible ;D But then again, I've always done it in "peaceful" countries...

Excellent view... looks familiar ;D

Thanks for this post!
Amazing to think that we missed each other by just two years ;D As you probably noticed I was there also in July :D

Perhaps I should post a view from this place that was taken looking down the other side... the only problem with it is that in the max. 800 pixel view the waves down below (which were huge) don't even appear and so the distances aren't really transmitted as well as they should...
Oh! I miss Iceland!
And oh, how in the world have you managed to visit so many countries? How does one get your kind of job? ;D

As for the picture, it is an excellent view, the city giving just the right kind of perspective and the wide open space seeming indefinite! It is an excellent shot! Congrats!

Did you go down the valley further away from Bolungarvik? There is a really neat beach down that road. And the hills are more than impressive there (like everywhere? ;D).

Excellent shot! TFS!
Julia

Old 12-21-2006, 10:50 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To leiju: Bolungarvik

thanks Julia, I also took one looking straight down to the other side, I'll add to WS when you post your version, mine had too much contrast and is not presentable, I did not go beyond Bolungarvik, it was getting late, and the next day I had a long road ahead to Akureyri (not booking any accomodation ahead, it's risky to arrive late in july without reservation!) UI saw your other photo, with the van with Garmisch licence plates, you DROVE all the way from Germany, the ferry must have been exorbitant, and looong??
Old 12-21-2006, 11:43 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Bolungarvik

Not only did we drive, we had the luxury of not needing local accommodation: we slept in that little car for almost four months! (2 of which in Iceland ;D)... actually the ferry isn't that expensive, definitely much cheaper than a flight ! And long... well, not really either. It is two nights when leaving from Denmark, with (only in the summer period/high season) two extra nights spent on the Faroe Islands...

Bolungarvik to Akureyri! Holy cow, you certainly had a drive that day....
Did you get to spend any time in Isafjordur?