Photographer's Note

In 1656, the foundation of the château was completed. The architect, Le Vau, originally proposed to construct the Château in bricks and stone in the style of Louis XIII. Fouquet desired a material much more noble and rich. Finally in October of this year, the building was ready to be erected. Louis Le Vau was born in 1612 and was the son of the General Inspector of buildings for the king at Fontainebleau. He was named the king’s architect in 1656.

1657- by September of this year, the large part of the construction was achieved.
1658- the dome on the garden side of the chateau was erected.
1659- all the stair and lamps were made. And this year also the deconstruction of the old church of Vaux was completed.
1661- inauguration of the château. And on August 17th, the day of Fouquet's destiny arrives.

Photo Information
Viewed: 4024
Points: 54
  • None
Additional Photos by Nobu Nobudy (nobuikehonda) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 838 W: 66 N: 1256] (3848)
View More Pictures