Photographer's Note

Monastery of S.Anna- Foligno (PG)
The Monastery of Sant’Anna, or of the Contesse, was founded by Angelina dei Conti di Montegiove and di Marsciano, born around 1383.
After only two years of marriage, Angelina became a Franciscan tertiary and in 1385 she settled in Foligno, the city of the Trinci relatives of her.
She immediately transformed some houses of the Society of the Cross into a monastery, which in 1388 was already functioning and which was subsequently enlarged several times.
It is the only one still existing of the five monasteries that gave the street its name.
A door leads to the second, older cloister; in an open compartment, with a fifteenth-century masonry well in the center, it preserves a series of frescoes dating from the late fifteenth century and the early sixteenth century: from the left Sant'Agnese, Santa Caterina d'Alessandria, San Michele arcangelo, Sant ' Elizabeth of Hungary, Sant'Apollonia d'Alessandria, the latter three without the lower part for the opening of a door, San Diego, Sant'Antonio abate, San Francesco da Paola, Sant'Anna, San Bernardino da Siena, San Francis receiving the stigmata, by Pierantonio Mezzastris (1487), Pietà and angels, attributed by some to Lattanzio di Nicolò, son of Alunno, San Sebastiano, Santa Cecilia, Santa Dorotea, San Feliciano with two prayers in white habit at their feet, Blessed Pietro Crisci and Blessed Tomasuccio and The Wedding of Joseph and Mary.
To learn more:

ikeharel, aliabazari, COSTANTINO, pierrefonds, mcmtanyel heeft deze opmerking als nuttig gemarkeerd

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 20041 W: 130 N: 42313] (222747)
  • Genre: Plaatsen
  • Medium: Kleur
  • Date Taken: 2018-06-30
  • Belichting: 30 Seconden
  • Fotoversie: Originele versie
  • Date Submitted: 2022-05-26 10:52
Viewed: 0
Points: 28
  • None
Additional Photos by Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 20041 W: 130 N: 42313] (222747)
View More Pictures